Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Neutral Feelings About a Not so Neutral Palette

No more than a month ago, Gabby and I went shopping, and as we were walking down the street, we noticed a sign stating that the local salon was hosting a big sale, and us, being the beauty fanatics we are, couldn't resist. We browsed their selection for a while, the sale didn't turn out to be as big as advertised and we weren't finding anything we particularly liked, until we came across an eyeshadow palette. We opened it to reveal 40 amazing colors, and the best part of all--it was only $5!  After purchasing the palette we headed home and immediately started experimenting. To our dismay the sleek black exterior didn't quite fit with it's contents. Many of the lighter colors were barely visible (eliminating any wearable colors), I noticed a sizable amount of fallout, and the eyeshadow itself was nothing spectacular. Thank goodness we didn't pay full price!

Pros:
  • The darker/brighter colors are highly pigmented.
  • 40 colors in the palette.
  • Isn't irritating to my eyes or skin.
  • Pretty case :)
Cons:
  • The lighter/normal colors DO NOT SHOW UP.
  • A considerable amount of fallout.
  • It hardly has any shimmering shadows. (Which could be good or bad depending on what you like. I personally don't mind a little sparkle.)
Would I Repurchase:
I suppose I would, but only if I could find it at a discounted price because I don't think this palette is worth $17.

Price: $16.99

You Can Find it At:
http://www.shanycosmetics.com/, besides their website I'm unsure of where their products are sold.

Overall:
Well, it's better than Wet and Wild, but it doesn't even compare to my precious MAC.

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS? SHOOT ME AN EMAIL OR COMMENT!

Also check out my other blog at http://www.not-justapretty-face.blogspot.com/

XOXO,
Haleigh



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...